The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy To Me Day!!!

All those who know me know how I love any reason to celebrate, even if it's me getting older. This birthday brings me even closer to the big 4-0 and I really am okay with that. I didn't really have much planned until some good friends stepped into play. In the normal Trishie fashion I was able to spread my birthday out for a good week. Had dinner with my ambulance partner Nick one night, my friend John another night, and a super secret Sunday celebration with Melanie and the girls. In addition there were lots and lots of phone calls, texts, birthday singing, emails and birthday cards from so many wonderful family and friends. I love you all!!!

Melanie and I had plans to play raquetball Sunday morning and then have brunch. I have never played raquetball as I'm not super coordinated, but it was a blast and a lot of laughing. For some unknown reason my body feels the urge to kick my foot up behind me when I hit the ball. Its kinda gay, but was really funny. From there I was blindfolded in the car and driven to the secret destination for brunch. Melanie thinking she was super tricky drove in circles through 4-way intersections, backed up down roads, did circles around the same neighborhoods and did her very best to make me sick. I had told her before that if she blindfolded me I'd puke and she replied "I'll roll the window down." What a true friend... Finally we ended up at our destination and it was even fancier than I could have imagined--IHop!!! I was paraded through the entrance by Portia and Mikaela and wasn't un-blindfolded until we had our name in to wait for our table. It was a hoot! Apparently it's a popular day of birth as the Ihop had ten birthdays that morning! We had a delicious breakfast, opened presents, and shared a little ice cream sundae.

After my fun morning I spent the rest of the day being a lazy, study-free fool. I cleaned my house, had a hot bath and read a fun book, had flowers delivered to my door, and made a delicious birthday dinner of lamb and pasta. It was wonderful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the classic Christensen gift spread. Nice haul, Katarina.

Trish and John said...

Hey, documentation is in my genetics! ;-)

Charlie Cooper said...

I bet you didn't mind being blind folded, maybe even liked it you dirty little girl. -ROB

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! One of these birthdays we will be there to celebrate it with you! I am so glad you have such awesome friends. I loved the picture of the spread... it makes me happy!

Meghan said...

ok. i know you like to spread out that birthday, but it's time for the new post already... got the package - thanks for the clothes? was the book for us? ry opened it...