The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Countdown!

Scattered...that is how this post will most likely be. Apologies in advance, I'm tired!

Well, here we are, less than two days away from vacation and entropy rules indeed. John is working his last 48-hr shift before our wedding vacation and I have been running errands today on my day off between shift days. This whole packing a few days before a flight is for the birds! I can't be responsible for anything missing on our trip with this kind of schedule. :-)

Anyhow, I'm back at work tomorrow and then we leave Monday morning to travel to California for a little celebration with the Gulledge gang for a few days prior to flying to Maui on Thursday. I think I can speak for John as well when I say that we both desperately need a little mental check-out for a few days. As much as we are looking forward to a vacation we are both really looking forward to the wedding and in sharing the rest of our lives together more than anything. I am so lucky to be marrying such a kind, caring, loving, respectful, generous, funny man. Thanks to all of you that had a part in making him who he is and in bringing us together!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Didn't have a dang thing to do with bringing you together (tried that once......whoops) or moulding the man. I do think you have turned out pretty alright though, and I will take a bit of credit for that as any dearest older sis would. Could'nt be happier for you! We are ripping it up here in Southern Cal., and look forward to seeing you soon!

Meghan said...

wow, two posts! nice work john on the previous info filled post complete with photos. i am excited for you - you do need a break, but even more excited for the wedding/marriage. i am just SO bummed to be here, and not there. believe me, i would WAY rather be with my sisters and mama in socal than a bunch o strangers in humid AL. oh well. have a great time - i couldn't be happier for you!!