The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I've got BIG News!!!

It's been a while since my last post but hopefully it's now worth the wait! Not much really had been going on in Trishie's world till this Tuesday...

John and I had a rare day off together and had planned to go for a hike. We decided to throw a picnic into the hiking plan as one has got to eat at regular intervals and anyone who knows me understands that I'm a much nicer person when I'm not hungry. So after I got off work Tuesday morning we packed a picnic lunch, loaded up the day pack and headed off to a hike up Boulder canyon. The day was perfect...nice warm temps with a cool breeze, clear blue skies with puffy white clouds and wildflowers popping up all over! We hiked and then camped out with a nice picnic.

At some point while I was napping in the sun on the blanket John mentioned that he'd brought dessert too.
I'm rarely one to pass up most types of dessert so I woke up a bit. The next thing I know, he's leaning towards me with a gorgeous diamond ring between his fingers asking me if I'd marry him. I was not expecting this question in combination with a ring and apparently just stared at him for a while. Once I realized what was happening replied, "Of course!" followed by "Yes, yes, yes!" and there you have it, that's that!


We had a wonderfully perfect day of a hike, a wonderful picnic together, a great cherry-pit-spitting contest, and with it all including three little deer that came and hung out under the trees near us throughout our picnic (I know, go ahead and vomit a little...)


Here's the kicker of it all. I sent a spam picture message to all of my family of the ring and then my phone battery died. So much for texting back and forth and sharing the good news. Anyhow, after we got home I plugged my phone in to charge and was able to reply to some animated messages from family. John's family is really happy and excited for us as well!



We had such an amazing day and are both so excited about meeting the rest of each other's family and starting our life together. We'll be in Utah to visit my family June 12-15 and then in Newport to visit John's family August 4-7. At this point we are planning to have a simple ceremony with just the two of us in Hawaii followed by a honeymoon in August as well during my break between paramedic school sessions. We'll keep you all posted on our plans as we know them!

8 comments:

Meghan said...

although i did throw up in my mouth just a little, i couldn't be happier... unless you took me with you to hawaii. i am glad you had such a great day - it doesn't sound like real life, but it does sound nice. i especially liked the cherry pit spitting contest, because it makes you sound like you aren't characters in a cheesy romance novel. hooray for you - august then? excited to see you & that ring and meet john...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Trish,
Look forward to seeing you next month and to meet John.

Deirdre & Rod

Suz said...

I am totally GIDDY for the two of you! Looking forward to meeting John. Just a suggestion though.....you might want to tie the knot before he meets the fam. You know....no lifeguard at the gene pool.
XOXO

erin said...

John are you sure you know what you're in for???? We have been referred to quite often as "The Clampitts". I do plan to come to the ceremony (invited or not) since it may be my only chance to ever get to Hawaii! We must have a large gala in your honor... please, please, please???!!!! Can't wait to see you in June!

Jolene said...

Congrats Trish. What a hottie. What island are you going to? Is it going to be on the beach, cuz that would be a dream of mine. See you in a few weeks. Love ya, Jo

Katie Jo said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the "rock" When you come to Utah! See ya soon! (by the way this is Katie Gines)

Suz said...

New post please

Meghan said...

hello? is this thing on???