The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, March 21, 2008

Fire, pharm, fun, and floor cleaners....

My life these days is all about fire training, work projects, physical training, paramedic school, pharmacology, and study time. Perhaps not super interesting to some, but really, I'm loving it. I will admit that we are all looking forward to the completion of our Fire Academy the end of next week and will be celebrating at our graduation ceremony on April 4th. I'm also amazed that this first phase of paramedic school is done in less than a month. My how time flies when you're living your dreams!

Going on air before entering the structure. We've got some fire to find & fight!


Squad 2 at the burn training center.


In the new ambo on the way to a visit/tour of Children's Hospital.


Studying during lunch at paramedic school.


Precisely why paramedics shouldn't do CPR.


Lunch break while training at an acquired structure.


Me with James, one of the paramedics I'll be working shift with.


My elbows rubbed right off doing "floor-cleaners" across the bay floor during PT one morning. Today several of us are still dealing with red, raw and painful elbows a week later!
(not loving that genetic double chin however...)

6 comments:

erin said...

Trish that looks like so much fun!!! I bet you were tired after that one. I have some serious job envy! It is fun to read your comments on all the blogs... you don't seem so far away! Miss you!I wish I had some hottie co-workers... for some reason you don't really find that in elementary schools:(

Suz said...

Erin.......I thought you had job enevy for FBI employees!

Trish......so glad you are having the time of your life. I agree with Erin on the blog thing. BTW--when is your next trip home planned?

Trish and John said...

It is a lot of fun, and yes, I am tired after many of the days and asleep well before the news starts.

It's hard for me to not be there with family through Coop's trials but check in on the blogs several times a day.

As for a visit home, that's unclear. Not much time right now and really hard to have days off between school and work. I'm hoping to find a couple days here soon!

Miss you all!

Meghan said...

sounds tiring. i'm glad sweating is your idea of heaven. because for me, it's sleep. but you do look like you are enjoying it. i am enjoying the new blog post. and good luck/congrats on april 4th!

Jolene said...

Trish, Marilee's coming home the weekend of Father's Day, June 13-15. Maybe you could try to come home that weekend. It would be great to see you both.

Trish and John said...

That would be fun! I'll check my school/work schedules and see what I can make work out!